Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Writing Songs of Hope

Well, in about 3 weeks my new EP, One of THE Kind, will be released on iTunes. I know that many of you have already heard the debut single and title track One of THE Kind and also watched the official music video on my youtube channel. But there are 4 other tracks being released in this EP that I'm excited to share.

The whole EP is about encouragement and hope.  I try to write songs that offer hope to people because I think there's a lot of negative stuff in life that people deal with and I want to make music that helps people feel happy or at least hopeful.

The other songs on the EP are

413 - a song about what I do when I'm going through a tough time and how I know I can make it

Move in the Right Direction - a song about dealing with peer pressure and making a change in not hanging with the wrong people or doing things that can make trouble for you or others

Reason To Be - probably my favorite track on this EP. I wrote this song because a lot of people my age or younger (and some older) spend too much time worrying about their boyfriend or girlfriend or whether they make the sports team and stuff like that. I know those things are important, but so many of my friends and people I've talked to are so upset if their relationship doesn't work out or they don't make the team. So this song is more about knowing that your life has purpose even though you think what's happening now makes you feel lost inside.

Blue Sky - this is a song written by Francesca Batistelli and has always been one of my favorite songs. You can look up the lyrics online and see why. :)

I hope you all had a great new year and I am excited to share my new EP with you.